Search This Blog

Monday, March 12, 2012

If I Make it Through This Winter

If the past couple days are any indication, winter is a thing of the past in my fair town.

Nevertheless, this song has been playing in my head these past few days.

 Not the best video, but a nice song.


I remember listening to the Paperbacks on my discman as I walked home from high school. I specifically remember stressing myself out beyond belief over an upcoming pre-cal exam. That test seemed like it would determine my entire future. Considering how terrible I am at math, you can imagine my horror.

Fast-forward 10 years: that exam didn't mean a darn thing. I passed, barely, but that has nothing to do with where I am today.

If I make it through the rest of this winter, I'll have to remember - what I'm so stressed about today might mean next to nothing in 10 years.

Picture by me, this past weekend.

2 comments:

  1. The Paperbacks are so Winnipeg winter. Remember harmonizing to "I Suffer This Like a Dream" in my car?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How could I forget? You'll always be the Jack to my Doug.

    ReplyDelete