Search This Blog

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Lance Armstrong: SAY IT AIN'T SO

Well, I'm afraid I must add an unfortunate addendum to my previous post on Lance Armstrong and the ethics of PR.

But at least it gives me an excuse to post my favourite Weezer song (for the second time in this blog's history):


The USADA has just come out with a whopper of a list of evidence against old Lance. Say it ain't so, Lance. Your drug is a heartbreaker, indeed.

I really was on his side, but now the evidence is more than just circumstantial.

To top things off, Lance refuses to respond to any of the charges, and is even considering taking a lie detector test to prove his innocence.

Picture from theglobeandmail.com


While all this goes on, Lance continues to promote his cancer charity, the Lance Armstrong Foundation. If you take a look at his Twitter feed, he has yet to acknowledge the scandal in tweet-form.

His key message remains the same: "I am a family man, I am a cancer survivor, and I am an advocate for finding a cure."

Given that he's helped raised millions of dollars for cancer research, does it really matter if he cheated? I know it's morally wrong, but some good came out if it, right?

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment